Built on the foundation of increasing workplace transparency, Hired Remoteli offers many of the latest jobs, combined with a growing database of company reviews, approval ratings, benefits reviews, office photos and more. Unlike other job sites, all of this information is shared by those who know a company best — the employees. In turn, job seekers on Hired Remoteli are well-researched and more informed about the jobs they apply to and consider joining. This is why multiple employers across all industries and sizes turn to Hired Remoteli to help them recruit and hire quality candidates at scale who stay longer.
Revised May 6, 2021.
For the purposes of this Policy, “we,” or “us” shall mean we are referring to our company “Hired Remoteli”
Information We Collect
We collect information about you to provide our services. In order for us to best provide our services to you (and to help make it feasible for us to do so), it is essential that we are able to collect and use the information as described in this Policy. If you are a registered user of the Platform the data collection is largely necessary for fulfilling our contractual obligations towards you and, where neither of those is the case, alternative legal grounds serve as our legal basis for processing (i.e., consent, legal obligation, and legitimate interests—see details below).
Information You Give Us
When you fill out registration forms, submit your resume, or provide us with other personal information actively, we collect that information for processing and use in accordance with this Policy. Because we change our offerings and features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with personal information also may change, but here are some examples of situations in which you will have the opportunity to provide personal information to us:
- Creating an account
- Signing up for email alerts
- Completing a form related to one of our products or services
- Uploading a CV
- Completing your Profile or preferences
- Sending messages through Hired Remoteli
- Contacting us for technical support or customer service.
Depending on how you interact with our Platform, the personal information we collect from you may vary. For example, to create an account we may ask only for an email address and password. In other circumstances, such as when you complete a form related to a particular service offering, we may ask you to provide other information, which may include your name, phone number, and/or postal address. We also collect and store certain information associated with actions you take. For example, when you apply for jobs, we store the titles, locations and general salary range (if available) of jobs you have applied for and click on. We also store information about the job postings that you apply to, the time and duration of your activity on our Platform, and other information about your behavior on our Platform. Because much of this information is necessary for us to provide you with our service, if you don’t share this information you may not be able to use some features of the Hired Remoteli platform.
If you connect to the Platform using Google+, we will receive information that you authorize the Social Networking Site to share with us, which may include public profile information, birthday, current city work, school, and email address. When we receive this information, it becomes Hired Remoteli account information for purposes of your use of the Platform. This information also constitutes personal information and is therefore subject to this Policy. Any information that we collect from your Social Networking Site account may depend on the privacy settings you have set with the Social Networking Site, so please consult the Social Networking Site’s privacy and data practices. You have the ability to disconnect your Social Networking Site account from your Hired Remoteli account by adapting the privacy settings in your Social Networking Site account. If you come to the Platform through a Social Networking Site, from other websites or with devices that enable third parties to collect information from or about you, such third parties receive information about you subject to their privacy policies.
On certain Hired Remoteli domains, when you set up an individual user account on the Platform, you may create a profile (a “Profile”) that will include personal information you provide. At your request, we will create your Profile with information we extract from a resume you have uploaded on the Platform. Because your anonymity on our Platform is important, your Profile does not include information you submit to the Platform anonymously (for example, the reviews, salaries, benefits, and company ratings information you submit anonymously).
Some applications may ask you to identify your racial/ethnic origin or disabilities on a strictly voluntary basis (e.g. for purposes of providing equal employment opportunities) and you may choose not to submit this information without any detriment to your application. For our EU users, data about racial/ethnic origin and disabilities are considered special categories of personal data under Article 9 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). When we host Easy Apply applications that collect this kind of data, we pass that information along to the employer when we submit your application and do not retain it on our systems. But please remember, you should not include this kind of data in any resume you upload to the Platform or submit it in any other scenarios, except where we specifically prompt you to provide such information such as described above.
We process, monitor, review, store and analyze such content and other materials, including via automated means, for data analysis, quality control, enforcement of our Terms, and improvement of our services. Examples of such improvements would be optimizing our search results, matching you with an employer, ensuring you are provided with personally relevant product features and communications, and preventing fraud and spam. As a result of this activity, or due to technical malfunction, in certain circumstances such content may be delayed or may not be delivered to the intended recipient. Hired Remoteli may (but is not obligated to) notify you in such an event. By providing user content through Hired Remoteli, you acknowledge that this activity is necessary for maintaining the quality of Hired Remoteli.
When you submit personal information to a third party and are informed at the time of collection that your information may be shared with us, we may collect that information for lawful marketing purposes.
Categories of personal information collected by Hired Remoteli may include Job Postings (your job postings on Hired Remoteli), Profile Information (Name, Email Address, Resume, Current Job Title, Past Job History, Age, Gender), Job Applications (jobs you have applied to), Job Interests & Activity (job preferences and your activity interacting with jobs, e.g. saving a job), Security & Login Information (Your login events, password changes, email changes and mobile device information), Site Activity (Pages you viewed and “like activity”), Marketing Activity (Marketing programs you have joined, content downloaded, etc.), User Feedback (Feedback you have provided Hired Remoteli via email, app/website and other channels), and/or Content You Contributed (Employer reviews, Salary Reports, Benefit reviews, Interview reviews, Employer photos). We may also collect Additional Personal and Demographic Information you may elect to give us, as set forth in further detail below.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the Platform, your device is automatically providing information to us so we can respond and customize our response to you. The type of information we collect by automated means generally includes technical information about your computer, such as your IP address or other device identifier, the type of device you use, and operating system version. The information we collect also may include usage information and statistics about your interaction with the Platform. That information may include the URLs of our web pages that you visited, URLs of referring and exiting pages, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, location data (if you have enabled access to your location on your mobile device), and other information about how you used the Platform.
Automated means of data collection include the following:
Log File Information. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser or mobile application each time you access a website on our Platform. For example, when you access a Hired Remoteli website, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends when you visit any website. These server logs include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, and pages viewed.
Device Information. We collect information about the device you use to access the Platform, including type of device, operating system, settings, and unique device identifiers, and IP address. Whether we collect some or all of this information often depends on what type of device you’re using and its settings. For example, different types of information are available depending on whether you’re using a Mac or a PC, or an iPhone or Android phone. We collect the device type and any other information you choose to provide, such as username, geolocation, or email address. We also use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on your phone. This software records information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. We do not link the information we store within the analytics software to any personally identifiable information you submit within the mobile application.
How We Use Information
We use the information we collect to provide our services. In order for us to best provide our services (and to help make it feasible for us to do so), it is essential that we are able to collect and use the information as described in this Policy.
Hired Remoteli’s mission is to help people everywhere find a job. Since each of our affiliates shares a similar goal of helping people find jobs.
- to provide you with personalized content, services and offers of services offered by Hired Remoteli, as well as other promotional content and services (for example, Hired Remoteli and its affiliates may use your previous search and browsing history (e.g. the jobs you click on), or your resume, Profile, application information, and responses to screener questions to determine relevant search results and provide you with recommended jobs on Hired Remoteli or on sites of Hired Remoteli affiliates, or Hired Remoteli may reach out to you about jobs or companies you may be interested in; we also use your IP address and mobile device for these purposes); For the purposes of this Policy, “affiliates” means any entity that directly or indirectly, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control of or with Hired Remoteli, now or in the future. “Control” for these purposes means having a majority of shares or the right and ability to direct management.
- to customize and improve the features, performance, and support of the Hired Remoteli site and sites of Hired Remoteli affiliates;
- to communicate with you or initiate communication with you (for marketing or service-related purposes) on behalf of third parties through your Hired Remoteli account or through other means such as email, telephone (including mobile phone), or postal mail, including through the use of contact information that you provide to us or (where it is lawful for us to do so) that we otherwise obtain from third-party resources;
- to permit Hired Remoteli to contact Hired Remoteli users with respect to such recommendations, subject to visibility settings you control;
- to provide relevant advertising, including interest-based advertising from us and third parties, which may mean that we share non-personally identifiable information, such as your job title, to third-party advertisers;
- to transmit your application and save your application materials;
- to share your saved Profile or resume with employers, subject to visibility settings you control;
- to allow Hired Remoteli and Hired Remoteli affiliates to process your personal data for the purpose of improving for internal operations, including detecting and preventing fraud and spam, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, and service improvement (this includes use of your IP address and mobile device information to help diagnose problems with our service and to administer the Platform);
- to create aggregated statistical data that does not identify you individually and that we can commercialize (for example, we use mobile device data and IP addresses to create anonymized, aggregate demographic information);
- for other purposes that you separately authorise as you interact with Hired Remoteli.
When we collect any information that does not identify you as a specific natural person (“Non-Personal Information”), we are permitted to use and disclose this information for any purpose, notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Policy, except where we are required to do otherwise by applicable law. Examples of Non-Personal Information include: physical location information; demographic information, including gender, dates of birth, ZIP codes, etc.; or any personal information that has been anonymized, aggregated or de-identified. If we combine any Non-Personal Information with your personal information (such as combining your ZIP code with your name), we will use and disclose such combined information as personal information in accordance with this policy. Similarly, if applicable law requires that we treat certain Non-Personal Information as personal information, we will use and disclose this information as personal information in accordance with this policy.
- We may share your information with Hired Remoteli affiliates, namely any entity that directly or indirectly controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Hired Remoteli. Such affiliates shall process your personal data either (1) at our direction as a processor under a contractual relationship, (2) as a separate controller of your information where you are informed at the time of collection or processing of their relationship to you, or (3) where we believe it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest, and where such purposes are aligned with those for which you provided your personal data to us. These instances and processing activities are outlined in the “How We Use Your Information” section above and will include data falling into the categories described in the section “Information You Give Us”.
- In reorganization or sale of our company or assets, your data may be transferred, subject to the acquirer and its affiliates accepting the commitments made in this Policy and compliance with applicable law;
- If you apply for a particular job through the Platform, we will disclose your personal information to the employer and any vendors we are working with to process your application;
- We invite you to include your resume or other information in more generally available formats for us to share with employers (for example, when you apply to Easy Apply jobs, a static image of your saved Profile), subject to visibility settings you control;
- We share certain information that does not identify you personally, but which is unique to your use of the Platform, such as job titles that you have entered at the time of registration or on your profile. When we share such information, we do not link job titles with your name when we provide this information to others, such as advertisers, recruiters or employers;
- We will otherwise share personal information with your consent.
- As described in this section, Hired Remoteli may share your data with our affiliates. When we share this data, this may be considered a “sale” under applicable law.
The Legal Basis on Which Hired Remoteli Processes Your Personal Data
Hired Remoteli collects and processes your personal information on the basis of different legal grounds, depending on the nature of the personal information being provided and the type of processing involved.
Performance of a Contract
A second ground relied upon by Hired Remoteli for other types of processing of your personal information is that it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by Hired Remoteli. Such legitimate interests may include where Hired Remoteli sends you marketing about our products and services or where we believe you have a reasonable expectation that we will perform a particular type of processing on your behalf. A further example would be where Hired Remoteli shares your personal information with our affiliates as detailed in the “How We Share Information/Recipients” section above. Hired Remoteli will only rely on such a ground where an assessment has been performed balancing the interests and rights involved and the necessity of the processing in order to provide our services, products and features to you.
Compliance with a Legal Obligation
A third ground relied upon for certain types of processing is that it is necessary in order to allow Hired Remoteli to comply with a legal obligation. An example of this would be where Hired Remoteli is required to retain business records for fixed periods of time or transmit them to a user in order to comply with local legal requirements. Another example is when Hired Remoteli collects Equal Employment Opportunity (or similar programs in your country) information on behalf of employers as part of the process of processing your applications to employers through the Hired Remoteli platform.
Finally, in certain limited situations, Hired Remoteli relies on your consent in order to process your personal information. Where Hired Remoteli requires your consent in order to collect and process certain personal information, we seek your consent at the time of provision, and such processing will only be performed where consent is secured unless Hired Remoteli has another lawful basis on which to rely. For example, your consent may be sought where you submit feedback to Hired Remoteli, or in certain instances where you initiate a marketing message or other communication with Hired Remoteli. You can withdraw your consent, as detailed in the “Other Important Privacy Information” section below, where applicable.
Additional Personal and Demographic Information You May Elect to Give Us
At Hired Remoteli, our mission is to help everyone find a job. We also believe transparency is one of the most powerful forces for good in the world. At its core, transparency about the workplace empowers people with the right information to make the right decisions about their careers. In an effort to innovate and evolve, and in order for us to take workplace transparency to the next level, you now have the option to provide us with personal diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) information.
In particular, we may ask you to provide (and we may subsequently collect) certain categories of D&I information about you, including information relating but not limited to:
- Gender Identity
- Leading Personality Trait
- Marital Status
- Parental Status
- Race & Ethnicity
- Sexual Orientation
- Veteran Status
D&I Information Principles
We recognize that some of these categories of information are sensitive and very personal. We therefore want to be fully transparent in how we collect and process this data so that you can make an informed decision whether or not you want to provide this information to us.
First, you are never obligated to provide this information to access or use the Hired Remoteli platform. Hired Remoteli will always remain a place you can visit to find out information about companies and jobs without the need to supply personal information beyond your comfort level, i.e., the level at which you elect to share information about yourself (except as required in order to use a particular service, such as personal information necessary to apply for a job).
Second, we will only collect and process D&I information based on your explicit consent.
Third, you will always have the option at any time to remove previously supplied D&I information, or to update D&I information that may have changed.
Fourth, we employ physical, electronic, and managerial measures to safeguard the information we collect online. However, you should know that no company can fully eliminate security risks, so we cannot make guarantees about any part of our services.
Fifth, we use D&I data only for the purposes described in this Policy unless we notify you at the time of collection that we may use it in some other manner.
Sixth, we take precautions to ensure that your decision to provide your D&I information does not inadvertently negate your anonymity or reveal your identity on our platform. For example, we may limit the number of reviews or other pieces of content required with certain D&I attributes for those D&I attributes to become visible to the public in order to ensure that we do not inadvertently disclose sufficient information about a particular user’s personal attributes that would make them identifiable. While we take your anonymity extremely seriously and make our best efforts to ensure that D&I information does not inadvertently lead to your identification, there are two instances in which such disclosure of a user’s identification may occur:
- In order to provide a voice and agency to those who, regardless of the risks of identification, affirmatively wish to have their opinions and experiences heard, we may provide an option for users to opt into the disclosure of their D&I data in a manner and to an extent that may lead to loss of their anonymity on our platform. These choices will be conspicuously marked and will require affirmative assent to verify your understanding, intention, and acceptance of this risk of identification.
- While we try very hard to plan for all contingencies, we are not perfect. The preventative measures we take and our platform’s technological performance may not always function the way we intend when combined with the complex realities of many millions of unique workplaces into which we have limited, imperfect visibility. As we collect more personal information about our users that may be displayed publicly, there may be instances where the mechanisms we have designed to protect your anonymity fail. This is never our intention, and we take multiple steps to ensure this is not the case. But, in the interests of transparency, we want to be sure we make you are fully aware of this risk.
Seventh, we will never sell or transfer your D&I information to a third-party in a way that would present a risk to your anonymity (i.e., we will never transfer your D&I information to a third-party in conjunction with other particular information about you sufficient for a third-party to identify you). We may, however, disclose your D&I information to one of our affiliates or service providers as defined and described in this Policy to enable affiliate or service-provider data processing for purposes consistent with this Policy and the principles outlined herein (see the section of this Policy titled “How We Share Information/Recipients”). We may also anonymize and/or aggregate and make available data to third parties and the public as described in this Policy (e.g., to provide insights into diversity metrics in particular areas, industries, companies, or countries, or make available data reports outlining economic or labor trends).
How We Use D&I Information
Depending on your selections if and as you elect to disclose D&I information, we will use the data you provide to implement new platform features, track various diversity and inclusion trends across industries, countries, and globally, and push employers to begin sharing diversity data and make changes to their practices in response to the insights we provide.
- Providing insights into wage discrepancies (e.g., showing gender and racial/ethnic wage gap disparities)
- Providing D&I-based analysis of jobs and companies (e.g., we may utilize D&I information to generate reports highlighting employers that best embrace diversity, support LGBTQ rights, minimize wage gaps, etc.)
- Providing diversity and inclusion metrics and ratings (e.g., provide insights for job seekers who want to learn more about diversity and inclusion with respect to specific industries or companies)
- Providing search optimization and filtering via diversity data (e.g., providing users the ability to filter Hired Remoteli content or companies based on certain employer qualities or employee experiences and attributes; for example, employers that are supportive of LGBTQ+ rights or who are particularly supportive of women with respect to enhanced maternity leave benefits; As users provide D&I information, their reviews may be associated with aggregated categories, such as filtering for all the African-American, Pacific Islander, and Latinx reviews for a particular company/all the reviews for an industry. In some instances, particular reviews may be tagged with D&I attributes.)
- Enhancing employer/employee diversity disclosures for job seekers (e.g., we may allow employers to share internal diversity data, diversity program details, and testimonials from their own employees; we may provide opportunities for jobseekers and employees to engage and have anonymous discussions on D&I-related and other topics, )
- Incorporating D&I information into existing or new products and services otherwise detailed in this Policy (see the section of this Policy titled “How We Use Your Information”)
How We Share D&I Information/Recipients
As we describe in Section Seven of our D&I Information Principles above, we may share D&I information consistent with our Policy overall. Please refer to the section of this Policy titled “How We Share Information/Recipients”.
What types of Cookies do we use?
We use two types of Cookies on the Platform: “session cookies” and “persistent cookies.” Session Cookies are temporary Cookies that remain on your device until you leave the Platform. A persistent Cookie remains on your device for much longer until you manually delete it (how long the Cookie remains will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific Cookie and your browser settings).
What are Cookies used for?
Cookies transmit information about you and your use of the Platform, such as your browser type, search preferences, job titles, data relating to advertisements that have been displayed to you or that you have clicked on, and the date and time of your use. With the exception of an identifier Cookie that we associate with registered accounts to prevent fraud by members of the Platform, Cookies link to certain unique information such as the job titles that you entered at time of registration or on your profile, but this is not linked to your name.
Preferences and Features
Analytics and Performance
Targeting Cookies: Ad Choices and Managing Cookies
Hired Remoteli works with several third parties to provide you with personalized, interest-based advertising. We may target ads to you, and measure their performance, on and off the Platform using:
- Member-provided profile information (e.g., job title, occupation, location, authorized information shared from your Social Networking Site)
- Your use of the Platform (e.g., search history, job clicks, companies you follow);
- Information inferred from data described above (e.g., using job titles from a profile to infer industry, seniority, and compensation bracket).
- IP address or mobile device location information (to the extent you have enabled location tracking on your device);
- Cookies (both on and off the Platform) which may include information from the Ad Partners we use to help deliver relevant ads to you.
How We Work with Third-Party Ad Partners
When we work with our Ad Partners to serve you personalized, interest-based advertising, we do not share information with them that they can use to identify you or associate with you as a specific individual unless you have instructed us to do so (such as when you fill out a lead form in an ad, or approve your Profile for display to employers). Similarly, if one of these Ad Partners has information about you saved in one of their own Cookies on your browser, they use that information to help us send you a relevant ad, but they do not share with us information that we can associate with you as an individual.
We work with third parties, such as Google Analytics, to provide analytics services that use the Cookies set on your device to measure the performance of advertising and track traffic to Hired Remoteli generally. We have also implemented Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, which categorizes Cookie information so that we and third-party service providers can better deliver advertisements that are relevant and useful to you on the Platform and various websites across the internet. In addition, a Cookie on some of our employer clients sites provides us with aggregate data about the number of applications submitted to those sites by users of Platform.
Consenting to Cookies and Opting Out of Cookies
If you enable location data for the mobile version of the Platform (including any version installed as a native application), we may use your location data to serve you geo-targeted ads for employers and other advertisers that are local to you. In such instances, we do not share your location with the advertiser or advertising network; rather, we provide the advertiser or advertising network with a means to push ads through to users located in certain areas. You may disable location services at any time in your device privacy settings or the Hired Remoteli native app settings.
Do Not Track Signals
We do not currently respond to ‘do not track’ signals and similar settings or mechanisms. When you use the Platform, we try to provide a customized experience.
Other Important Privacy Information
Your Privacy Rights
Hired Remoteli operates globally and is therefore subject to a variety of data privacy laws that confer a range of privacy rights upon our users. We have chosen to provide all of these privacy rights to our users regardless of their location.
- If you wish to submit a data rights request to access, correct, delete, export, rectify, update, or ask questions about your personal data, you may do so via our Contact Us Your name, email address and description will be requested. An agent may contact you back for further clarification (If required).
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information or ask us to restrict processing of your personal information via our Contact Us Page
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing emails we send you. Registered users can manage their account settings as described in the “Choices Regarding Your Personal Information” section below. If you are an unregistered user, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), you may contact us using the contact details provided under the “Contact Us Page”
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information.
- Hired Remoteli does not process your information for the purpose of making automated decisions about you which has a legal or other significant effect.
Hired Remoteli does not discriminate against users’ that exercise any of these privacy rights. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. We will respond to all requests within a reasonable timeframe. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Close Your Account
If you’d like to close your Hired Remoteli account, you can contact us with this link and request.
Privacy of Minors
To access or use the Platform you must be at least 16 years of age or, if older, the age of majority in your jurisdiction, otherwise you may not use the Platform. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we remove such information and terminate the child’s account.
We may revise this Policy from time to time by posting an updated version on the Platform. The revised Policy will be effective immediately for unregistered users and users registering accounts or otherwise acknowledging the Policy on or after the revision date. For other users who registered accounts before the revision date, it will also become effective immediately. However, they can object to the new Policy within thirty (30) days after the revision date.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact us here.